Upcoming Events


UPCOMING EVENTS:

Come out & say hi!
6/17 Bobbi Brown Summerize Your Skin Event - Skokie, IL.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Monthly Favorites: June 2014

Favorite new products and rediscovered products from the month of June. 


1.) Dove beauty bar - I used to use this daily and forgot how much I love it. I swapped out my regular liquid body wash for it this month & it seems I'm hooked again. Leaves skin feeling fresh, soft and lightly scented.
2.) Bath & Body Works fragrance mist in Pink Chiffon - I've used this on and off for quite some time. It's sort of the quintessential "girly" scent because of its sweetness but it isn't overpowering or headache inducing. The scent lingers for quite some time, especially when paired with the corresponding body lotion. I always get compliments when I spritz this on.
3.) 365 (Whole Foods) Maximum Moisture body lotion. Ultra emollient for dry skin & contains macadamia oil & shea butter. It smells fresh & absorbs quickly. The best part?  - NO parabens, NO sodium lauryl sulfate, NO sodium laureth sulfate, NO artificial fragrance, NO animal ingredients & NOT tested on animals for those of you with sensitive skin or simply looking for natural & non irritating alternatives.
4.) Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue perfume - This longtime favorite has been my go-to for the month of June. It smells - you guessed it! -  fresh and clean (I'm sensing a theme here). Perfect for day time, night time or a date - ooh lala.
5.) Bed Head After Party smoothing cream - I don't use very many hair products but I'm always looking for something to tame flyaways and smooth out my ends. This product is expensive so I opted to get the mini version to test it out. I use this on dry hair and it restores shine, tames frizzies & leaves my hair smelling amazing. I think the mini version is actually a better buy than the regular size (because a little dime sized amount of this stuff goes a long way & you get a decent amount of product in the mini).
6.) L'Oreal Revitalift double lifting eye cream - Now that I'm in my mid 20's I've been looking to take some preventative measures against puffy eyes & crows feet. This 2 in one product has 2 separate creams (& 2 separate pumps for convenience). The left side is for the under eyes and the right is for upper eyes/lids. It firmed my top lids & is non irritating & unscented.
7.) Bath & Body Works pocketbac in Island Margarita - I don't normally go for scents named after drinks but this smells amazing & people always wonder what I've just put on when I use it in public. I have a drawer full of these little guys. If only it came in a hand cream!
8.) Lorac TANtalizer highlighter & matte bronzer duo - I swapped out my usual MAC bronzer for this when I spotted it in the checkout section at Ulta. It doesn't clog my pores and is blendable and easy to contour with. The powder highlight that comes with it is perfection & the sleek rose gold packaging is super cute. I love the convenience of having both my bronzer & highlight in one little compact.
9.) CoverGirl lash blast volume in Very Black - Went back to this mascara after buying up loads of others. Love this for thick lashes. Great formula.
10.) CoverGirl lip slick in Demure - I bought this for the first time when I was in grade school. Its a beautiful pinky nude shade that tones down the dark pink in my natural lips. Its moisturizing and the scent definitely takes me back.
11.) Physicians Formula concealer duo in Yellow/Light - Easy to blend formula. I haven't used the Yellow side much but the Light side gives great coverage underneath the eyes & around the nose. 

***BONUS non beauty faves*** 


I've been obsessed with infused water lately so I keep my decanter refilled at all times. So refreshing & simple! Haha & check out my little dresser buddy WALL-E in the background. 


 

I've also been loving me some Jhameel & I've had this track on repeat all month (along with MJ's Xscape album). I think this song is my favorite of his & I love his style. 

Joanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment