Upcoming Events


UPCOMING EVENTS:

Come out & say hi!
6/17 Bobbi Brown Summerize Your Skin Event - Skokie, IL.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Tutorial: Date Makeup



This is a simple little date night look that I love. It emphasizes the eyes by brightening & giving depth but is still natural enough to wear throughout the day. Its also neutral enough to go with whatever you're wearing (making it a great option for those of us who try on half of our closets before a night out haha).

Let's get started!



Here's what I used:






1.) Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer (not pictured above - sowwy mama forgot)
2.) Urban Decay original Naked Palette (colors used: Virgin, Sin, Half Baked & Hustle)
3.) Chanel single shadow in Safari
4.) Revlon ColorStay single shadow (the color rubbed off but I'm fairly certain its Bone)
5.) NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
6.) CoverGirl lash blast volume mascara in Very Black
7.) Revlon lash curler
8.) Froot Loops flavored lip balm in Cherry
9.) Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in Deauville (#67)
10.) Lancome Ultra Shiny Juicy Tubes Lip Gloss in Simmer

Lets set the mood a little...


 Here we go - step by step!

1.) 
Prime those lids, hunty. I'm sure we've all heard this before but using a primer will really help to keep the shadows on all night long (which is especially important in the summer heat). Use a small dot on each eye and blend all the way up to your brow bone. Don't go overboard with this or your shadows will crease.

2.) 
Take a crease brush & begin applying a taupe shadow on the outer portion of your eye. I am using Chanel's Safari shadow. This is one of my all time favorites but if you're looking for a cheaper alternative, Maybelline makes a pretty dead on dupe (check it out here).

3.)
Work that taupe color into your crease. This will give the eyes a bit of natural looking dimension. Sometimes I apply shadow a bit above my crease as well (but not too far up) because I have a decent amount of lid space to work with. If you go up too high, though, you can fix that later. If you have less lid space, apply the taupe only in the crease.

4.)
 Use that fluffy blush to blend blend blend, gurl.

5.)
Apply NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (white eye crayon) to the inner corners of your eyes. Make sure to apply some on your lower lash line too (but don't go further than the inner third of your eyeball). I took a bit of the product and applied it above the inner corners as well (for extra brightening).

6.)
Blend the product out using your ring finger. I blended from the lower lash line up and onto the brow bone. This will help brighten the eyes and make your highlight color pop.

7.)
You should end up with something like this when the eye crayon is blended.

8.)
Using a wide fluffy brush I applied my highlight color just below my brows. I'm using Revlon's Bone single shadow which is matte & makes for a perfect non flashy highlight. I also eliminated any harsh lines by blending it down to the taupe crease color I applied earlier.

9.)
Taking a flat brush I applied Urban Decay's Half Baked shadow which is a shimmery golden bronze color. I applied this on the middle portion of the lid.

10.)
I flipped that same flat brush over and applied Urban Decay's Sin eyeshadow (shimmery pinky champagne shade) right next to Half Baked getting closer to the inner corners.

11.)
Next, I cleaned off that same flat brush and applied Urban Decay's Virgin eyeshadow (light beige champagne shade) where I placed the Milk eye pencil earlier. I blended the shadow into the corner of my eyes and underneath to highlight.

12.)
Applying Virgin in the tear ducts (inner corners).

13.)
Taking a pencil brush I lined my eyes with Urban Decay's Hustle (a cool shimmery brown shade). I love this step because it really defines my eyes and makes my lashes look fuller. It also gives a subtle smokey effect. Don't go past the part of your eye that you highlighted in the last step.

14.)
I also used Hustle to line my lower lash line. This is a great alternative to harsh black liners & I never worry about it smudging or melting down my face (even in the summer time).

15.)
Next I curled my lashes.

16.)
& applied 2 coats of my favorite mascara! :)

*TIP*
For a more dramatic take on this look:
Take a pencil brush and run a black shimmery shadow along your upper and lower lash lines & outer v. Add some black eyeliner to the waterline. Finish with falsies.

17.)
I applied Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in Deauville (pinkish brown nude). These are so moisturizing and awesome. Worth every penny in my opinion.

18.)
For added shine I topped off my lipstick with Lancome Simmer lip gloss (shimmery peachy bronze). Its not very sticky & smells like Fruity Pebbles. Mmmm. Kith kith.

Here's a swatch:

Left: Lipstick/Right: Lip Gloss

& voila - you're date ready! 


Woops, don't forget to change out of your Walmart tee...





Pick me up at 7? 

Joanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment