Upcoming Events


UPCOMING EVENTS:

Come out & say hi!
6/17 Bobbi Brown Summerize Your Skin Event - Skokie, IL.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Halloween 2014: Preview (WARNING - slightly gross!)

I haven't posted anything in far too long, so I apologize for anyone checking in with me here! I have to say that despite the muggy madness going on outside, I've been in fall mode hardcore for the last week or so. I can't wait for the leaves to start changing colors, the air to get crisp & cool & to bust out some of the makeup I hardly ever get to touch! I've already been buying up pumpkins (& other miscellaneous Halloween/fall decor) & thinking up some fun tutorials for my favorite season!

August is coming to a rapid end (which means Halloween isn't too far behind) so I wanted to make sure to feature some cool makeup looks in advance & give my readers/viewers a chance to enjoy & even replicate them. Despite my lack of updates, I've been doing a lot of sketching & getting into the spirit by watching some of my favorite movies  - so please bear with me!

I'm feeling inspired again & wanted to switch gears a bit so today I wanted to share a really basic (but still kinda gnarly) wound/cut makeup that I did a while back. I hope to feature many more like it, ranging from simple to more complicated in case anyone wants to go the gory route for Halloween this year (or, if you simply want to gross someone out!). For those of you who aren't into these kinds of looks, no worries! I'll be doing some fun fantasy makeup too & trying to mix in a little something for everyone.

Now, onto the..."look"...haha. 


For this super simple cut I used:
Ben Nye Nose & Scar Wax (to shape the cut)
Mehron Liquid Latex (applied around the cut to keep it in place)
CoverGirl Advanced Radiance #110 foundation (to ensure the wound & latex more closely resembled my actual skin)
Ben Nye Rainbow Wheel (I used the red color to make the skin look a bit irritated)
Fun World Theatrical Blood+Vampire Blood which is slightly thicker (to fill the wound). Both can be found at costume shops.

I obviously chose to work with my hand but you could do something similar on your face, neck, chest or anywhere else! Hopefully a more in-depth tutorial will inspire some costumes this year! If I were to wear this out I'd have probably added some spirit gum or more liquid latex to make sure my cut lasted 'til I decided to call it quits! I would also add in more colors & shading but I think you get the point! It doesn't take all that much to create a memorable & gory look like this so I hope you check back for more!

Oh! Also! If you want to stay up to date on what I've got going on including makeup pictures, sketches & more, please check out my INSTAGRAM (Username: Joebybear) & follow me! 'Til next time, creeps!

Joanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment