Upcoming Events


UPCOMING EVENTS:

Come out & say hi!
6/17 Bobbi Brown Summerize Your Skin Event - Skokie, IL.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Monthly Favorites: July 2014


1.) Nivea Smooth Sensation body lotion - I've always loved Nivea products & this lotion is no exception! It absorbs quickly, moisturizes well & smells fresh! This is great for dry skin & keeps my skin soft for hours.
2.) Softlips Cube in Fresh Mint - I originally bought this lip product because I'm a sucker for packaging & loved the ice cube looking design. Luckily, the lip balm inside is just as awesome! I've come to love this more than my eos lip balms because its less waxy & moisturizes my lips more effectively. The Fresh Mint variety is my favorite!
3.) Aquaphor Healing Ointment - This stuff is a godsend! Whenever I have a blemish or uneven skin I rub this on & it diminishes any problem areas on my face. Its gentle & unscented which makes it perfect for dry, cracked & even irritated skin. A general rule of thumb with blemishes is to leave them alone but if you happen to mess with a bothersome pimple, this stuff works particularly well to restore broken skin.
4.) Ralph Lauren Ralph perfume - I've repurchased this perfume since I was about 15 & I think it's safe to say that it'll be in my collection for a long time! Fresh, clean & perfect for any season. Here are the notes (but I recommend just sniffing it!) - Apple Tree Leaves, Yellow Freesia, Italian Mandarin, Japanese Loquat, Osmanthus, Magnolia, Linden Blossom Flower, Purple Freesia, Boronia, Musk 2000, White Orris.
5.) Sonia Kashuk flat shadow brush (easy to find at Target) - I've had this brush for several years but recently started using it again when I wanted to wear bolder eye makeup. It packs on shadow without brushing away color & is small & thin enough to line upper and lower lashlines. I've also used this brush to do cut creases & other detail work so its super versatile!
6.) Wet 'n Wild Fergie On Edge Longwearing eye pencil in Midnight Girl - I've mentioned this liner in a previous post & it has definitely become my favorite black pencil liner of the moment. Its rich, opaque, creamy (but not too creamy) & stays put on my waterline!
7.) Aquaphor Lip Repair+Protect - I LOVE this lip product! I was searching for something to restore my dry lips & this definitely did the trick. I smooth this on at night & when I wake up in the morning my lips are perfectly soft & supple. Since I started using this product, my lipsticks & lipglosses have been applying more easily. It also has SPF 30 which is perfect for days spent at the beach or outside. Protect that pout!
8.) China Glaze nail polish in Flip Flop Fantasy - I've had this polish in my stash forever but only used it once until this last month. Its a 2 coater but its totally worth the hassle because the color is gorgeous for summer & on any skin tone. I gave myself a pedi with this polish & it didn't budge for over 2 weeks. The staying power is amazing.
9.) Sephora by OPI nail polish in Traffic-Stopper Copper - I always love topping my nails off with a glittery topcoat & love this rose gold sparkle polish. It makes my manicure last longer, eliminates the need for an additional topcoat and camouflages any little streaks or nail imperfections while adding shine to my nails. 
10.) All things leopard! - What can I say? I've been loving pops of leopard print lately...from tank tops to the two pairs of shoes I ordered (pictured above). I love how classic it looks & adds a little somethin' extra to simple outfits. 

 China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy & Sephora by OPI in Traffic Stopper Copper.

 Leopard love.

& song of the moment!
  
 


 Joanna xo

2 comments:

  1. Looove that polish! :) And the leopard! (And the kitty). Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mishu always steals the show! Hahaha. Thanks boo!

      Delete