Upcoming Events


UPCOMING EVENTS:

Come out & say hi!
6/17 Bobbi Brown Summerize Your Skin Event - Skokie, IL.

Monday, September 22, 2014

Bargain Nail Haul + NOTD

Taking a short break from my Halloween posts, I wanted to include my latest bargain haul which was inspired by Instagram yet again. I went to my local Dollar Tree looking for more Physician's Formula goodies to try out & review (I noticed that people were lucking out & finding shadow palettes, concealers & even lip products) but had no luck at my store. Oddly enough, the aisle I found them in the last time I went had Christmas decorations already in it...Still, I didn't leave empty handed & (after 2 separate trips) I realized I had scooped up more nail goodies than I thought. Lord knows I didn't need any more polishes to add to my embarrassingly vast collection, but sometimes things just find their way into my cart...That's my excuse, anyway.

What I picked up:
 - LA Colors Color Craze Nail Polish (x6)
- Orange skull polish (discarded package, unsure of brand!)
- Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips in 460 Queen of the Jungle. I considered this an especially cool find because I remember these polish strips being around $9 at the drugstore.
- Sassy+Chic Fashion Nail Stickers (leopard - no particular name)

From L to R: Meadow, Scream, Orchid, orange skull polish, Sea Foam, Orange Crush, Baby Blue


NOTD/Mini Product Review:
I decided to use Orchid & thought it would be the perfect time to test the Sassy+Chic nail stickers, which I didn't have very high hopes for originally. The polish was surprisingly smooth & it took only one coat for it to be perfectly opaque. It wasn't the least bit streaky & the color is actually really pretty. I also quickly found out that the nail stickers are super easy to apply (just stick & seal with topcoat of your choice). Best of all, they've been holding up quite well! I've showered, washed my hair, applied makeup & they aren't budging. I love the overall design of the leopard but wish it came in slightly different colors. In any case, I think I'll have to pick up some more of these stickers in different designs. My nails are quite short at the moment but this mani is definitely cute & a steal at only $3 (I also used a topcoat found at DT). I'm looking forward to playing around with the other polishes as soon as my nails grow back in a bit!


Joanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment