Upcoming Events


UPCOMING EVENTS:

Come out & say hi!
6/17 Bobbi Brown Summerize Your Skin Event - Skokie, IL.

Monday, September 1, 2014

Monthly Favorites: August

Here we are again at the start of another month! I can't believe how quickly August passed me by but I have to say that I'm more than ready for September! I'm excited for my favorite season to begin & it's also my birthday month so I'm determined to make it a good one. Today, I'm taking a short break from posting Halloween tutorials/looks so I can spotlight some of the products I've been feeling lately.

Now that I'm done blabbing let's get right into it!


1.) Leopard makeup bag - Lord knows I don't need any more makeup bags but (as you may have noticed from previous posts) I have a thing for leopard. In addition to digging the print, this bag is lined with a material that makes it really easy to wipe clean. The best part was that I paid about $3 bucks for it, though.
2.) CoverGirl LashBlast 24 hour mascara - I've been loving CoverGirl mascaras lately & this one is no exception. As a matter of fact, it's my new favorite. It doesn't get clumpy or flake & I swear it makes my lashes look like falsies. I've been recommending this up & down lately.
3.) NYX Butter Gloss in Eclair - I'm not sure if I mentioned this in a previous "favorites" post but I've been using this particular lip butter almost every day the past month (alone or over lipstick). I love the subtle color/consistency of this stuff (& have amassed quite a few of these babies) but this seems to be the one I reach for most.
4.) Ben Nye Nose & Scar Wax - I love playing with this wax. This stuff is amazing for creating wounds, cuts, scrapes, scars, textured skin - you name it! If you're interested in creating realistic wound makeup for Halloween (or for any other reason) I highly recommend it. It's fairly easy to work with once you get the hang of it & is way more believable looking than the good old liquid latex+tissue method.
5.) Ology 100% Natural Lip Balm in Tangerine - It always feels good to find a product that doesn't contain harmful ingredients (especially something I use daily - sometimes hourly - like lip balm). This stuff isn't the least bit waxy & is super moisturizing. I also love the scent!
6.) Ben Nye Neutral Set Colorless Face Powder - I've been using this powder a lot lately & love how versatile it is. I like to lightly brush this on top of my under eye concealer to keep it in place. I also use this to set cream makeup when I do Halloween looks & it always keeps my makeup on for hours.

That's all folks! As always, please check back often for some Halloween looks/ideas/tutorials & hauls! & if you haven't, find me on INSTAGRAM! Username: Joebybear

Joanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment