Upcoming Events


UPCOMING EVENTS:

Come out & say hi!
6/17 Bobbi Brown Summerize Your Skin Event - Skokie, IL.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Monthly Favorites: September

This month has been sort of slow - as far as favorite beauty products are concerned - because I've been focused on coming up with Halloween looks, shopping compulsively for fall clothing & doing very basic every day makeup (what can I say, I'm a creature of habit!). But, as always, I do have a few products to spotlight & chit chat about so let's jump into it!

1.) The first thing I've been loving lately is this retractable lip liner by Jordana in the color Cabernet. This is an awesome deep red wine color that pairs well with several of my favorite fall lipsticks. I've actually worn this on its own as well & it looks just as beautiful. I have to say, I wasn't expecting much when I bought this (gave it a whirl because it was on sale at Walgreens). I was convinced that it'd be waxy, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it applied easily, was very creamy & didn't bleed.

 Jordana Easyliner for Lips Retractable Lip Liner

2.) Next up is another Jordana retractable liner in Sea Green. I picked this up thinking it'd be a fun alternative to standard black. I liked the idea of a deep green liner to play up my eyes & add an unexpected pop of  color to an otherwise simple makeup look. Once again, I was not disappointed. This applies smoothly & stays on for quite a long time. I like to use this beneath my waterline (along my lower lashlines) for a little pop of color.

Jordana Easyliner for Eyes Retractable Eye Liner

L: Cabernet R: Sea Green

3.) Next is MAC's Riveting Rose lipstick. I believe this came out with their "Jeanius" collection a few years back. Whoops, hopped on that bandwagon pretty late... Better late than never, right? Anyhow...I do love this color, especially for the fall. It's a deep red-berry color with a plum/purple frost. It isn't as dark as it appears in the tube and, when applied lightly, looks more red. I've paired it up with the aforementioned Cabernet liner by Jordana & they make a pretty nice combination.

MAC Riveting Rose lipstick

On lips: Jordana Easyliner for Lips in Cabernet + MAC Riveting Rose lipstick

4.) Since I've been doing a bunch of Halloween looks lately, I was going through my regular makeup removing wipes like crazy. To save a few bucks, I decided to stock up on these cheap baby wipes from Dollar Tree to use instead. So far, they've been working out perfectly. I don't use these directly on my face, but have used them for my neck, hands & to spot clean my brushes. They're also great for removing swatches when I'm testing products. Total steal compared to what I pay for my regular wipes. Plus, they're unscented & non irritating.


5.) Lastly, I decided to include a fragrance I've been loving. I admit, I bought it only about 2 weeks ago but figured I'd sneak it in because I've been wearing it almost every day since then. For those of you who aren't familiar, this is the Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy perfume. I'm still surprised at how much I love this stuff & how great it smells on me. I used to wear Fantasy (pink bottle) back in high school but it was way too sweet to wear on a daily basis. I still have it in my collection but never really reach for it.

By comparison, I'd say this one is a bit more sophisticated & fruity. Although, I still consider this a warm scent. It has become sort of a fall staple of mine already & I've been getting a lot of compliments whenever I wear it, so I figured I'd toss it in.


'Til next time, ghouls. Check back with me this week for more Halloween looks & as always - thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to follow me on Instagram & check out the Halloween looks I've posted so far!

Happy October!



Joanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment