Upcoming Events


UPCOMING EVENTS:

Come out & say hi!
6/17 Bobbi Brown Summerize Your Skin Event - Skokie, IL.

Friday, November 7, 2014

TGIF!



The weekend is here! I've been feeling a little off this past week so I have no new makeup to post butttt I'm going to take the next day or so to get back on my feet. Now that I've got some pizza in my belly, I'm starting the next phase of relaxation mode by taking a long shower & doing my nails. Speaking of, I thought I'd include some past NOTD pics to inspire my mani tonight...plus I thought they'd be fun to look at.

Loving these bright manis! I'm obviously a creature of habit because the one glitter accent nail is still my go-to look.
Some simple black striping polish can make a huge difference. 

Of course I've got to end this post with a song from one of my favorite movies - Hedwig & The Angry Inch. If you know me personally, you're probably aware of my obsession with this movie/soundtrack, so this should come as no surprise. I discovered Hedwig in grade school, back when drag wasn't as prominent as it is today & it definitely inspired my interest in queens, makeup & love of all things glittery. Since then I've steadily converted everyone around me into a hedhead...*snicker* Anyway, to this day, there's no better song to get ready to than Wig In A Box. This is one soundtrack that has stood the test of time. You're welcome! Til next time!

I look back on where I'm from
Look at the woman I've become
& the strangest things seem suddenly routine
I look up from my vermouth on the rocks
The gift wrapped wig still in the box
Of towering velveteen!

Joanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment