Upcoming Events


UPCOMING EVENTS:

Come out & say hi!
6/17 Bobbi Brown Summerize Your Skin Event - Skokie, IL.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Monthly Favorites: November

& we're back! It has been far too long since I last posted. As usual, I'm in denial about how quickly the month of November has passed me by! The year is winding down faster than ever & I figured I'd jump back into blogging with my latest favorites.



1.) The first on my list of faves is this cognac wallet that I picked up in the clearance section of Target. I don't often check out their clearance accessories but I'm happy I did this time because I've been putting this little guy to good use. I thought this wallet was a steal at $5 because it actually looks like leather, is well made & super functional. It opens up with a clasp & has slots for all your cards, ID & cash on the left. On the right (this is what really sold me), there's a pocket for your phone. I have a pretty big Droid & it fits perfectly into it (without a case). I love throwing this wallet in my bag or just carrying it by itself when I'm in a hurry. My cards, cash & phone in one place? Yassss please.

2.) Adidas Moves for her Her eau de toilette spray. I've been a fan of Adidas fragrances forever & they always seem to make me nostalgic! Whenever I visited family in Poland, my mom & I would haul some back home with us. I still have several Adidas faves in my fragrance collection & this one is no exception. I love the blue bottle & it smells like you just stepped out of the shower. I always tend to go for fresh/clean scents for day-to-day wear & this one is great to throw in your bag for a quick spritz. This little fragrance mini came in a set with a full sized version (which I gave to my mama).

3.) Moving on to my eos Lip Balm in Passion Fruit...Ok, I'm generally sort of on the fence about these (not that I didn't buy them all when they first came out) because they tend to be waxy. However, this one & the mint one are definitely my favorites overall. I've been reaching for this balm a lot since I ran out of my Softlips Cube. It does the job, smells nice & is moisturizing enough under lipstick.

4.) Next up is the Herbal Essences Naked dry shampoo...I love love love this stuff! When I first discovered Herbal Essences dry shampoos I was hooked. I immediately picked up the original formula because it smelled just like their signature shampoo (y'know, the one with the rose decals that was popular in the 90s & can still be found on shelves today). A couple months later, I received a sample sized version of this Naked (paraben free) dry shampoo & loved it from the jump. It volumizes, doesn't leave behind any white powdery residue & makes my hair look fresh & clean. The best part is that it smells like...Christmas. I guess I make that association because it contains peppermint oil. I think this is definitely the best smelling dry shampoo I've tried, & I've been through my fair share of bottles by different brands. It doesn't have that weird chemical scent that Batiste & Tresemme tend to have & makes me look forward to unwashed hair days. The scent lingers & the fact that it's paraben free is definitely a nice little bonus. The only thing I can complain about is that the bottle tends to get clogged. Once that happens, you can no longer spray it & you're left with a ton of product still trapped inside. This has happened to me before with other brands too, so I recommend keeping your receipt just in case & giving it a quick spritz in the store before you buy. Overall though, this has been a staple of mine since I first tried it.

5.) The e.l.f Lengthening & Defining mascara has been another favorite of mine this month. I first tried this stuff when I picked up their Disney Good vs Evil palette (coming up next!) because it came in the set along with an eye liner. It took me a while to start using it because I figured it was nothing special, but I actually ended up liking it. It defines my lashes just fine & isn't clumpy (no spider lashes here, hunty). I feel like it actually does kinda lengthen, too...I like the slim tube & throwing it in my makeup bag in case I need a touch upon the go. The wand itself is tiny & it's kind of messy when you first open it up and remove the applicator. A quick swipe of the brush along the opening of the tube does the trick, though. Not too bad for a $1 mascara.

6.) Up next is e.l.f Disney Good vs Evil palette. November was definitely a smokey eye month for me & I seldom reached for eye shadows other than these.There are 6 shadows in the compact: shimmery gold, shimmery brown, shimmery bronze, shimmery silver, satiny purple & a black. It also comes with a standard sponge tip applicator & contains a mirror on the inside lid. The actual compact is really cute & sturdy. The colors are pretty perfect for smokey eyes & versatile enough to create a number of looks. First, I liked to apply my Chanel Illusion D'ombre in Emerveille as a base. Next, I'd apply a bit of the shimmery brown onto the lid & crease. I'd also pop a bit of the gold shade closer to the inner corners (or in the middle to add a little something extra to my look). Lastly, I'd use a pencil brush to apply the black shadow to my top/bottom lashlines as well as my outer v. I'd finish off the look by dragging a bit of the black up into my crease for added smokey effect. I love having all 6 colors in one sleek palette. Definitely perfect to chuck in your makeup bag/for travel.

8.) I forgot to grab my EveryOne Coconut+Lemon body soap out of my shower so it didn't make the group photo, lol, but I wanted to make sure to mention it. I've blogged about these body washes before & continue to repurchase them. I tried a new scent this month & even though I'm not usually a fan of coconut, this just seems to work for me. I've been using this one as a bubble bath this month as well & can't get enough.

Joanna xo

2 comments:

  1. annnnd back to the regularly scheduled programming :)))) YO WE BOTH NEED TO RESOLVE TO KEEP BLOGGING IN 2015! Yes? YES! Okay bye, love you gurl :) -Ezi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! You've been totally ON it lately! That award show recap gave me life for days lolol. As usual. I need to get it together! Love you guuuurl. We need to catch up! :D

      Delete