Upcoming Events


UPCOMING EVENTS:

Come out & say hi!
6/17 Bobbi Brown Summerize Your Skin Event - Skokie, IL.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Recipe: Tuna Patties

I decided to do something a little different today by posting a super easy (but also very tasty) recipe! I came home both tired & famished this evening (but I didn't have a taste for take-out), so I decided to make something simple at home. What I like most about this recipe is that I usually always have these ingredients in my fridge & cupboards!









What you'll need:

- Two 5 ounce cans of tuna
- One tbsp of water (this can be from the cans of tuna themselves)
- One tbsp lemon juice
- One tbsp chopped parsley
- One tbsp chopped onion 
- Two teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- One tbsp hot sauce (I used my favorite - Tapatio - but you can skip this step entirely if you're not a fan of spicy food, or add less!)
- Two & a half tbsp bread crumbs
- Two & a half - three tbsp olive oil
- One raw egg
- Salt & pepper

Directions:
1.) Open up your tuna cans. I like to take a tablespoon of water straight from the can & add it to my mixing bowl.
2.) Next, I drain the rest of the water from the cans and add my tuna to my bowl.
3.) After that's done, I add in all of my other ingredients: lemon juice, chopped parsley, chopped onion, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, bread crumbs, salt & pepper. I taste the mixture to make sure it's seasoned to my liking. I add the egg last & mix it all up!
4.) Once thoroughly mixed, you'll want to divide your mixture into balls. Today I made 5.
5.) Once divided, coat each ball with bread crumbs. You can spill some on a plate and roll them or sprinkle some onto them.
6.) Flatten them into patties.
7.) Heat up your olive oil in a pan on medium high.
8.) Gently place the patties in the pan & cook until they're nicely browned (usually 3 to 4 minutes on each side)

& you're done! 


You can add just about anything you like to your tuna patties. I used regular onions this time, but I also like using green onions, chives or shallots.

Today I served mine with some swirls of hot sauce, sweet/sour sauce & mustard, but you can keep it simple with some lemon wedges or tartar sauce.

Joanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment