Upcoming Events


UPCOMING EVENTS:

Come out & say hi!
6/17 Bobbi Brown Summerize Your Skin Event - Skokie, IL.

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Review: INM Out The Door Super Fast Drying Top Coat For Nails (+Out The Door vs Seche Vite)

I'm going to keep this post as short & simple as I can today by jumping right into it! Let's talk top coats!


Before I found Out The Door, I was using Seche Vite (an HG product for many) but after reading some pretty weird stuff about it's contents, I knew it was time to switch over to something else. I admit, I found the warning label pretty off putting & a little scary -

[[[***In short, it contains a questionable chemical called toluene which is added in to allow for smoother application (also commonly found in paint thinners). Apparently, exposure to this chemical can potentially lead to various health problems (the label states that it is "known to the State of California to cause birth defects & other reproductive harm"). Obviously it's completely up to you to decide whether or not you feel that you're at risk (there's way too much info out there & I don't want to get too off track, so I'm leaving it at that).***]]]

but I had additional reasons for seeking out better products. 

Now, I will say that Seche Vite did a good job of sealing my manicure and extending it, but the smell was seriously overpowering. Secondly (and most notably), I could never get through a bottle of it without it drying out & turning into clear goo. As a matter of fact, I was lucky if I got through about 1/4 of the bottle before I had to chuck it out. I mean, I tolerated the thick consistency for as long as I could before tossing it, but I definitely didn't feel like I was getting my money's worth. Technically, you can buy some kind of polish thinning agent but...who the hell has time for all that? I ended up buying a new bottle pretty often but Out The Door just does it better, in my opinion.

While I was painting my nails last night, I realized how long I've had my bottle of Out The Door &, I have to say, I'm really impressed!

Take home message...
- Fast drying on the nails
- Prevents imprints 
- Doesn't thicken or dry out in the bottle quickly
- Gives nails a glossy shine
- Extends manicure 
- Prevents chipping 

By the time I'm ready to change my nail polish, I have minimal chipping, usually limited to my index fingers. Overall, yes...I recommend this top coat. 

& here's today's NOTD using Color Club polish in Wham! Pow! + random glitter polish + Out The Door top coat:



Joanna xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment