Upcoming Events


UPCOMING EVENTS:

Come out & say hi!
6/17 Bobbi Brown Summerize Your Skin Event - Skokie, IL.

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Monthly Favorites: November 2015

I think I've neglected my blog long enough! I decided the best way to get back in the swing of things was to post up some monthly favorites because I've started using some new products that I love & wanted to share. This post is going to focus on skin and hair care, but I'll be doing a follow up post featuring just favorite makeup (so do check back, yeah?) Let's get into it!


1.) Bed Head Rockaholic Dirty Secret dry shampoo spray - For third (& even fourth) day hair, this stuff is a must. It absorbs excess oil, creates volume and smells amazing (it reminds me of a subtler version of The Body Shop's Satsuma body butter - so think orangey!). As far as dry shampoo goes, I've tried it all and this is definitely my favorite (a close second is Herbal Essences Naked dry shampoo).


2.) Kerastase Fibre Architect Double Serum - Oh how I love this product. My hair needs all the moisture it can get and this serum delivers! It's a multi use product that can be used on wet or dry hair and offers heat protection, smooths & moisturizes hair without weighing it down. Unlike oils, it doesn't leave my hands or hair sticky or caked in residue (my hair just soaks it up!).  I like to work a few pumps into my hair before I blowdry. It can also be used again on dried hair prior to curling or flat ironing. I also use it to finish my style and tame flyaways so, in short, you get a lot of bang for your buck. I love how smooth & soft this makes my hair feel - it's become a must for me!


3.) Martino Shut Up & Kiss Me Dry Texture Spray - When my dry shampoo isn't cutting it and my hair is looking dull, I use this! It adds mega volume and texture. I've used this on myself and on models at shoots and it's the perfect spray for sexy boudoir hair (just a spritz goes a long way). It also smells amazing and the scent lingers all day, which is an added bonus. Oh! & 10% of net profits from this product are donated to Friends Are By Your Side, an organization that provides wigs and wishes to women and children battling cancer.



 4.) St. Ives Daily Hydrating Body Lotion - I wasn't a fan of St. Ives lotions in the past but I'm digging this one (maybe they reformulated, too lazy to check). Anyhow, I ran out of my holy grail Jergens lotion and the store I was at didn't have it so I picked this up instead. I always look for formulas that absorb quickly (aint nobody got time to be running around naked in the morning waiting for stuff to dry) & smell light and clean - this lotion delivers on both fronts.



5.) Walgreens Brand Maximum Strength Acne Treatment Gel (10% Benzoyl Peroxide) - This product is the generic version of Clean & Clear's Persa-Gel 10 and I swear it works better for me. I apply this to any spots or little breakouts and it zaps them overnight. My skin responds to Benzoyl Peroxide more so than Salicylic Acid so this stuff is effective and cheap. Win win.


6.) Rexona Aloe Vera Anti Perspirant Spray - I've talked about Rexona deodorant sprays before and they continue to be my favorite. These beat out stick and gel deodorants by far & I'm happy to be seeing them on shelves here in the states. I still prefer the European versions so I always restock at my favorite Polish markets. This spray offers long lasting protection & I swear all the scents are amazing. This one goes perfectly with the St. Ives lotion I mentioned before.


7.) Eucerin Q10 Anti Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Face Creme - Ok, I've definitely talked about this moisturizer before but since they recently repackaged it, I decided it was worth mentioning again. I love the formula of this creme. It keeps my face hydrated (but never oily) and is perfect to use under makeup. I repurchased this after using up my tube of Embryollisse and I'm hooked again. I also love that it has the anti wrinkle component because...well...it's all about prevention, hunty! Fun fact - it's made in Poland.


'Til next time, beauty junkies!

Joanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment