Upcoming Events


UPCOMING EVENTS:

Come out & say hi!
6/17 Bobbi Brown Summerize Your Skin Event - Skokie, IL.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Let's cover the basics!

Prior to Valentine's Day, I was asked to give some lovely ladies (looking to take their makeup game to the next level) a little crash course. I picked some staples out of my kit and figured I'd share a few of the tips & product recs I gave them with my blog readers.

- It's all about skin prep! If you know me, you may have already noticed that I love micellar water. It gently cleanses skin prior to makeup application (without drying it out). I also like to use it to remove any existing makeup from the face.

- Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize. One of the most important steps in achieving a healthy looking glow is applying the right moisturizer. I love Embryollisse Lait Creme because it works well on a variety of skin types & absorbs quickly. You can also use Evian spray or rose water to hydrate the skin prior to makeup application, especially if you're a girl on the go.

- A cream blush/highlight can help enhance your glow. I showed my ladies some options from MAC, NARS & Chicago's Tiffani Kim Institute.

*MAC cream color base in Pearl
*Nars Illuminator in Orgasm
*Tiffani Kim cream blush in Love

- Prep your pout! To ensure smooth application of lipliner, lipstick & gloss, make sure your lips are exfoliated and well moisturized. I showed my ladies some options from Aquaphor & Kiehl's.

*Aquaphor Lip Repair balm
* Kiehl's Lip Balm #1

& those are the basics! For any additional inquiries or to request a special session with me, don't hesitate to contact me via my blog, email or even my FB page! You'll find all my links in the sidebar to the right. :)

Joanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment