Upcoming Events


UPCOMING EVENTS:

Come out & say hi!
6/17 Bobbi Brown Summerize Your Skin Event - Skokie, IL.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Monthly Favorites: March (continued into half of April)

Ok...so I normally liked to post favorites either at the end of every month or the very beginning of the next but, it is what it is! Since these posts are some of my favorites to make, I figured I would still do one rather than waiting until the end of April or start of May. Anyhow! Let's get into the products!

1.) Jergens Wet Skin moisturizer with Monoi Oil


Ok, we've all seen the commercials with Leslie Mann. I have to admit, they were so goofy that they got my attention. That said, I really liked the idea of having an in-shower lotion because of how often I forget to moisturize. I've always liked Jergens so this was something I knew I wanted to get my hands on. I have never heard of or used monoi oil before, but this lotion does the trick. It makes my skin feel incredibly soft. As I say with most lotions that end up on my faves list, it absorbs quickly and lets me get on with the rest of my routine. The scent is light and pleasant (I gave up on heavily scented moisturizers ages ago). It took some time for me to adjust to it, though. I still leave it on the sink or a bathroom shelf from time to time or start to dry off before I slather it on. Baby steps! Haha, but it's definitely one of my new favorites.

2.) Too Faced original Lip Injection


I purchased this product at the beginning of the puffy pout obsession. I will say first and foremost, it does work. I definitely don't use it every day, but if you're looking for something to plump up your natural lips a little bit, this might be worth a try. Now, I used to apply this on bare lips like a gloss, but over time I've found new ways to integrate it into my lip routine. If you apply it to naked lips, chances are you're going to have some redness going on around them (especially if you have sensitive skin). The closer you apply it to your lip line, the more probable it is that it's going to make you look like you got stung in the face by bees or drank some red Kool-Aid. This products supports blood flow (by dilating the vessels), so your natural lip color will intensify and darken a bit too. What I like to do is apply it over a barrier of lip liner, lipstick or both. That way, the result is less drastic but you can still feel the tingle. I also never apply it right on my lip line (particularly my top lip line). I focus the product on the middle of my lips. That way, it gives my natural lips a boost without making it look like I was sucking on a cherry popsicle.

3.) CoverGirl Supersizer mascara in Very Black


I did a pretty in depth review of this mascara here, so I don't want to be too repetitive but I like it a lot. It lengthens, separates, defines and adds volume. It has a unique short bristled brush that some find difficult to work with, but I think it allows for more precise application, particularly to the lower lash lines which are usually not as full.
Again, for more info, check out THIS LINK.

4.) Royal Langnickel brushes


I've loved this brand of brushes for quite some time and always recommend their sets because they are definitely worth the investment. Recently, I noticed that brushes from their Moda line are being sold at Walmart so I had to give them a go! I picked up the complexion brush (pictured) as well as a powder brush and, as usual, I love them. They're around $7 a pop and worth every penny. The complexion brush is one of my favorites to use for foundation. It's really soft and blends my makeup beautifully. Another bonus is that they're super pretty, so they'll look great on your vanity.

5.) Pantene Ultimate BB Creme 10 in 1


I'm not sure why, but finding a flyaway taming hair balm was difficult for me. I remember back in the day, every brand had several of them to choose from and I swear I couldn't find anything for smoothing anywhere lately (besides oils). As a matter of fact, the only brand that seemed to have the kind of hair cream I had in mind was Garnier (and I'm not a huge fan of the brand beyond their fantastic micellar water). After searching high and low, I found this product. I needed something lighter than an oil to combat occasional frizz and tame my ends without weighing my hair down. This product smells amazing and I like that it can be used on wet or dry hair. It does reduce frizz and keeps my flyaways at bay. I actually never noticed the "10 in 1" promise until I took a closer look at the bottle so here is what it promises, in case you wanted to know: 1) Repair for Rough Hair 2) Strength against Damage 3) Silky Softness 4) Brilliant Shine 5) Smoothing 6) Moisture 7) Frizz Control 8) Heat Protection 9) Manageability 10) Tamed Flyaways

6.) Stone lip liner by MAC


I love this color and I've been using it a lot, especially lately. I like to wear it on its own or with a bit of gloss on top. It's a color that can be worn a variety of ways - I like to put both darker and lighter lipsticks over it. Overall, it's very unique and oddly flattering. It's described as a muted "greyish/taupe brown" on MAC's site. 

7.) ChapStick in Cherry


Ahh, the original. I don't normally use a ton of chap sticks because they're pretty waxy and somehow seem to make my lips more dry...Still, I got a cherry ChapStick in a little goodie bag from a friend and I've been using it a lot. I like to keep it on my nightstand so I can put it on before bed, and for whatever reason I just keep reaching for it. I really enjoy the scent too, which is kinda funny because I hate cherry flavored/scented things normally. It isn't medicinal at all, for one thing. For another, I guess it reminds me of my childhood (and all the Bonne Bell Lip Smackers I hoarded). 

8.) Crown Brush 32 Color Lipstick Palette


I ordered this from HauteLook and figured it was the best time to test it out because I got an insane deal. Admittedly, I haven't swatched/used every shade yet, but this palette is great for MUAs and lipstick lovers alike. There are so many colors to choose from and it's easy for me to mix up my perfect shade. There are lots of reds, pinks and even nudes so there is a lot of variety, plenty of options and even more when you mix them yourself. Mine is currently a part of my kit, but I think I'll be ordering another for myself as well. 

9.) Jordana retractable lip liner in Cabernet


Funny story...this was actually in a favorites post of mine about 2 years ago. I also used to like topping it off with MAC's Riveting Rose lipstick. In any case, I guess somewhere along the way I misplaced it and forgot how much I liked it. This is a bit of a darker red but not quite a "black cherry" type shade. I like to wear it on its own or topped with a bit of gloss. Can't wait to try some other liners by this brand, but this one is awesome. I am wearing it here

Bonus:

Much wow! *snicker* How cute is this? It makes me happy every time I open up my purse so I figured I'd share. I love this little bag. It can be used to carry money/coins (which is what I'm using it for right now) but is large enough to fit small cosmetic items as well. It reminds me of someone very special and I love it.



Joanna xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment