Upcoming Events


UPCOMING EVENTS:

Come out & say hi!
6/17 Bobbi Brown Summerize Your Skin Event - Skokie, IL.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Getting Inspired

Casual Monday - these metallic emerald green stilettos were begging for a day out.

The past few months have been busy and as thankful as I am for that, sometimes I need a break to get the creative juices flowing again. When I'm feeling uninspired, I like to take a day to myself to explore the city. This past Monday, I decided to go thrifting (a favorite hobby of mine) and I was not disappointed. I figured I would share some of the photos I took during my little adventure, because they continue to give me all sorts of makeup, art and style ideas (I've been sketching non stop). When you hit a creative wall, it can be pretty discouraging, but just remember that sometimes all it takes is taking a step back, going to a gallery or diving into some vintage fashion and jewelry. In the least, you'll probably come home with something one of a kind in tow.

Fascinated by these bold colors, fabrics and prints.
This metallic gold and black patterned jacket gave me endless eye makeup ideas.
Check out the detail on this piece. Sequins and hundreds of smaller beads sewn in throughout!



Among my newest thrifted treasures is this awesome piece made of iridescent glass. It made me think of mermaids and I just had to have it. Lately, I've been into decorative glass for storing and displaying my most worn jewelry, and I feel like I've been lucking out at my favorite shops. If you missed it, here is another post dedicated to some my thrift finds.

Glass fit for a mermaid. These little star shaped hair charms arrived the same day.

Those are some of my tips for getting back on track and back into the swing of things. Until next time.

For more photos like these, makeup art and behind-the-scenes, follow me on Instagram @ Joebybear.

CLICK for my Instagram feed.

Joanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment